cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery of 4G Mobile WiFi device via DPD seems impossible?!

matt7979
Visitor

Hello. 

I bought - as an account upgrade - a new portable 4G mobile wi-fi device as my previous one was approx 7 years old. Delivery was due to be by DPD today and I have stayed off work to be in for it. But DPD refused to hand the device over to me as I couldn't provide a PIN number that had been texted to the 4G mobile wi-fi device. When I first got the device it was possible to see text messages that were connected to that number via the EE website, but this seems to no longer be possible. So I can't see the PIN I need to accept delivery of the device, nor can I change the phone number associated with the delivery (as the EE customer service guy advised) via the DPD app, as in order to do so I need to log in to the DPD app with the number of the 4G device, and I can't do that without entering a PIN, sent by DPD to the same device that can't receive texts in the first place.

I don't know when they're going to redeliver as I assume that these details will have also been sent by text to the same device that can't receive texts.  Nor do I see any way round this if they try and still insist on a PIN.

How does anyone get their device? This seems like a catch 22 situation. Would have assumed this was happening on a daily basis and would have been addressed and fixed. What should I do? All suggestions gratefully received!

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. It has never been possible to see texts sent to a mobile no. via the EE website.
  2. Most mobile routers can receive texts. Login to it & look for the SMS Section/Inbox. To do so would entail DPD handing it over to you, unpacking it, becoming familiar with it & then logging into it.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Celli
Explorer

Just happened to me, I had to phone tech support get my number changed to receive pin.

However dpd still have redelivered and I haven't received another pin so I have no ideas at all.

I am concerned that ot hasn't come through. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Celli 

If you have not received the PIN from DPD, could you try downloading the DPD app and enter the tracking number or email address and postcode, does the PIN show? 

Leanne 🙂

Thank you that's what we end up having to do after speaking with ee however
the tech department changed it for me so I got a text too.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting me know @Celli 

All the best 🙂

Leanne.