cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime upgrade - Trade in condition.

CarefreeJake
Explorer

Hi, 

I am looking at trading in my Galaxy Z fold 3 5g to get the Samsung galaxy s23 ultra. 

However unsure on the condition my phone would be considered by EE as tried chatting with staff and they said it was 600 additional fee for what i consider minimal damage. Note the screen 'damage' is on the screen protector. See images below.

Any advice would be appreciated!  
IMG_20230224_104848_2.jpg

IMG_20230224_104845_6.jpg

IMG_20230224_104837_4.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @CarefreeJake.

You can get a quote for your device by visiting this PAGE. 

It will also ask you the condition of your device and advise you what falls under each category. 

Katie

Hi @Katie_B 

Which page is that? 

Also i'm referring to an anytime upgrade which is within my contract so it's pretty much a straight swap with a fee depending on length left. But it was suggest that i had to then pay an additional 600 due to damage (however they did not see the images). 

Thanks 

Jake 

WS1995
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Be careful with the "anytime upgrade". 

In November 2022 I upgraded from my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra to an iPhone 14 Pro Max. I was informed there was an early upgrade fee and agreed, I was told I could swap my phone to avoid this fee but only had 2 weeks to do this, I received two "mail in" phone bags in the post, but couldn't send my old device back until my new iPhone had arrived, due to Apple production issues I waited nearly a month by which time the trade in window had elapsed. 

I knew there'd be a fee added to my bill, and expected it to be added that month, or the following month...

Bearing in mind I upgraded on the "anytime upgrade" in November 2022, this month I've been stung with a £495 "anytime upgrade non-trade in" fee.... taking my bill for the month now to over £800 as I have 5 lines with EE.

Just make sure you budget for that massive fee if you for whatever reason miss the trade in window, and for whatever reason EE appear to decide to wait several months before without notice or warning they just slap the non-trade in fee onto whatever bill they feel like. You'd expect it to be added to your next bill, or possibly at the end of the contract on the final month's payment, but no. 

Katie_B

Hello @CarefreeJake

It is this page HERE

Thanks, 

Katie

Sfinx2022
Explorer

Had the same issue. All parts and screens are perfect few minor scratches. And they said 650 pounds for damage if I wanted to update. What a waste of time and money. Will wait till end of contract and go somewhere else. My wife has o2 and changed phone without any issues or fees if less then a year. Bye bye EE. 

@Sfinx2022   Did anyone inspect that device?   Wear and tear is ok.  

The guys at the store said because of the little scratches on the phone side where paint came off they will put it down as damaged and then it showed fee of 650... even if it was not classed as wear and tear for scratches i wouldn't expect more then 100 pounds but 650 lol its a joke. will never get another update anytime contract with EE as i think its biggest scam ever especially with the fees if u upgrade before 1st year and in terms and conditions clearly state that u can update to any phone as long as it got the same data allowance as the one u updating from yet when u try to update it forces u into same or more expensive contracts so they don't even follow their own policies. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Sfinx2022 

I am sorry to hear this. 

To discuss the trade in and upgrade, I would suggest giving us a call on 150 and the team will certainly see what they can do to help. 

Leanne 🙂