cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute chaos switching from another provider

drszabo
Explorer

Hi,

I am posting here for any suggestions and hopefully to get the attention of some EE staff. I recently ordered 2 monthly mobile services and specifically requested eSIM due to exisiting SIMs that I need to keep active. One of the services was ordered to replace an existing eSIM with Lycamobile. I gave the agent the PAC and all I was told to do is wait for the QR codes to arrive in the mail. Easy.

I received one physical SIM in the post a few days later. When I called to ask about the eSIM, the new agent said that the eSIMs were never ordered. However when the agent tried to order a eSIM to replace the existing Lycamobile service, this would not work because presumably the service was already in the middle of changing hands. Im worried that my number will be lost to the ether.

Now, I don't have service from Lycamobile OR EE and I cannot make a call to have this fixed. I need someone from EE to call the only number that I have active now.

Overall, a terrible experience with EE. You would think they would look after new customers. Im thinking I should just cancel and stick with Lycamobile after all. Especially since EE lost my number anyway.

11 REPLIES 11
Harryw66
Investigator
Investigator

interesting that you were able to request an ESIM at the time of order.

I placed an order online yesterday and could not see an option for ESIM

I then had a text message asking me to ring up to complete the order - as some info was missing.

I rang up to place the order and they had to do the whole order again - I asked if I could get an ESIM - rather than have to wait for a SIM in the post and convert it.

But I was told they don't do ESIM outright for a new order - you have to receive the physical SIM and then convert??

bristolian
Legend
Legend

You can contact EE CS on 0800 0798586 from any working phone.

Interesting. I called to place the order and the agent said nothing about this when I requested the eSIM. Maybe that's why its become such a mess for me now.

I just moved to the UK from abroad. Thats why I had the Lycamobile pay-as-you-go service to begin with. Now that service has been shut off, I don't have a number to call CS. I just called them with my SIM from Sweden, but I am getting charged international rates. They were not able to call me back.

Im not sure what to do anymore.

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Once the sim has been activated you can get an eSim via our MyEE account

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I tried using the physical SIM I received in the post. It wont connect to the network. Also, I cannot seem to log into MyEE account. I have emails confirming my order, but it says there is no account with that email.

When did you do the PAC code transfer?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I did the PAC code transfer on Sunday when I originally ordered the new services. Then, yesterday they tried to do it again and it failed.

@drszabo wrote:

I just moved to the UK from abroad. Thats why I had the Lycamobile pay-as-you-go service to begin with. Now that service has been shut off, I don't have a number to call CS.

Do you have any friends or relatives from whom you could borrow a phone, to make the free call?

If not, install the Skype web-calling app and use that to call +44 800 0798586 over any working internet connection.