cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute chaos switching from another provider

drszabo
Explorer

Hi,

I am posting here for any suggestions and hopefully to get the attention of some EE staff. I recently ordered 2 monthly mobile services and specifically requested eSIM due to exisiting SIMs that I need to keep active. One of the services was ordered to replace an existing eSIM with Lycamobile. I gave the agent the PAC and all I was told to do is wait for the QR codes to arrive in the mail. Easy.

I received one physical SIM in the post a few days later. When I called to ask about the eSIM, the new agent said that the eSIMs were never ordered. However when the agent tried to order a eSIM to replace the existing Lycamobile service, this would not work because presumably the service was already in the middle of changing hands. Im worried that my number will be lost to the ether.

Now, I don't have service from Lycamobile OR EE and I cannot make a call to have this fixed. I need someone from EE to call the only number that I have active now.

Overall, a terrible experience with EE. You would think they would look after new customers. Im thinking I should just cancel and stick with Lycamobile after all. Especially since EE lost my number anyway.

11 REPLIES 11

I you did the transfer on Sunday the tranfer should have completed yesterday. You need to contact EE to see what is going on.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Harryw66
Investigator
Investigator

@drszabo 

Just to note, if you are not sure how to access the Replace SIM/ESIM option on the website - just go to https://ee.co.uk/exp/home and select the relevant SIM from the dropdown list.

Then click on 'View full usage'
and then click on 'Manage this device'
Once you do that, you will see the option to 'Manage your SIM / eSIM' - underneath which you will see the 'Replace SIM/ESIM' option.
Click the above and follow the instructions - making sure your physical SIM is active in a phone - as they will send you an SMS at some point - before they activate the ESIM.

__PRESENT

__PRESENT