cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

288 REPLIES 288

@DDS : As it was blocked by your browser, no harm has been done.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

This is a scam as I have been in hospital so please do not change any of my information. I have seen the scan before so please be aware everybody

I hate scammers the other scum of the earth I would say to them and do a good days work that is honest not criminal they should be locked up and the key thrown away just scum and always will be.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Kea1

I am sorry to hear you have received a scam text message, did you click on the link and enter any details?

If you still have the message can you forward this to 7726 so we can get this looked into.

You can find some useful tips on staying safe online in Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it.

Thanks.

Leanne.

I've received a scam text about EE being unable to take my payment! I knew it was rubbish, but just in case anyone else receives a text, the number is +44 7873 563083

Leanne_T

Hi @RogerTG 

Thanks for making everyone aware.

If you still have the message could you forward this to 7726

That would be great if you can 🙂

Thanks.

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

I don't know how to forward the text. However, it stated as follows:

[EE]:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your payment information via:

https://ee.uk.bills313.com/?ee=2

I hope this is helpful.

With kind regards,

Roger

I also have received this text.

Pleased that I checked here because paymenys are up to date.

Not an EE mobile customer, only broadband, so texting the message to 7726 has not worked, unless i have somehow forgotten how to text.

The question is how is this scammer managing to target only EE customers???

They surely must have access to an EE database.............

I received this message as well 46 minutes ago.  Checked my EE account and payment already paid.

Do you need me to forward this text message to you?  

Leanne_T

Thanks @Rogert

What phone are you using?

If you hold down on the message do you get an option to forward this?

@MJCrawford, they are not just being sent to EE numbers, they are scam messages and have no access to any data.

These messages can be very convincing and look or sound like genuine messages sent by organisations you already deal with and may even appear within an existing message string from a known organisation.

We do have a Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it, support post with full information on how to report these message

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.