cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam link?

James997
Investigator
Investigator

I got an email from a mobile number saying that my bill hasn’t been payed taking me to this link https://myee-updatebilling.cc/account/step1#/id/login

can someone confirm if this is real or fake ee website? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@James997 : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report it to EE by forwarding the email to phishing@EE.co.uk .

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created today in Holland. Browsers are already warning it's dangerous.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Looks like a scam to me. Why would a phone number you don't know ask you for personal details?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@James997 : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report it to EE by forwarding the email to phishing@EE.co.uk .

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created today in Holland. Browsers are already warning it's dangerous.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @James997

Thanks for coming here and making us aware of this scam email.

I can see you've had some great advice already to report this email to us. 

Please see our Prevent scams including phishing, vishing and smishing, Help page for more details on staying safe. 

Leanne 🙂