Doreen143
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Doreen143
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I've seen them on YouTube, the USA team as shown them.on scammers get Scam. On Scammer Payback Pierogi. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Doreen143 : What did it say?

Does it have a link in it that it tells you to click? Don't go there but what was the link?

Report it to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Doreen143 ,

Welcome to the community,

In order to help you, we need more information, just writing scam text in the subject is not going to give you an answer.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Doreen143
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

My mobile blocks them straight away, but I getting up to 10 times a day. Most are calls, but some saying its my children and they've broken their mobile. I was scam by virginmedia (I know it isn't virginmedia themselves) but my information was given to some India team, that called me saying they was technical team from virginmedia technical team * I had no reason not to believe them.  I'd been having lots of problems with my Internet, 4 ½ hours later got into everything.. remember I had no reason not to believe them. That's why I changed to BT. With a EE sim card, which I put everything on a old mobile, because I still have a mobile contact with virginmedia . I just can't believe I'm disabled and it's so stressful 😫 

@Doreen143 , when you received that call saying they were from the technical team, did you give them any personal details at all, I mean did they ask you for your personal details? If you did, then the best thing to avoid the stress, is to change your mobile number, this should stop all the scam text. I know it is a pain, as you will have to let everyone know, but this could put your mind at rest, hopefully. The answer is, never give out personal details, and if unsure hang up and ring the company themselves up and ask whether anyone was trying to contact you. 

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

You have every reason not to believe an incoming call/text despite what they say unless you carry out some sort of security check. Rather ring back the purported caller on a known no. & ask them why they called you. There are many scams of scammers texting pretending to be your kids & saying they need money.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Doreen143
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor
Thank-you very much for replying DOR
Doreen143
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor
I never gave them my personal details, that's when they started to Abuse
me. I've changed all my details, that's why I got a ee sim card with a
different number, I'm still paying £60 a month and until the contract ends,
I have to honour it dont want to get blacklisted.
Doreen143
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I have something they sent me, so I could put money into there bank account. I screen shot it before they could remove.  I'm 100% safe its just can't believe I'm getting all the calls and texts 

on my EE mobile.Doreen I

Doreen143
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I've seen them on YouTube, the USA team as shown them.on scammers get Scam. On Scammer Payback Pierogi.