cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental control while overseas

Jamespralija
Contributor
Contributor

I have a prepaid sim - I need to turn off the safe search function. But I can’t turn it off via the website because I’m not a post paid customer. I also can’t call because I’m overseas and EE tells me I don’t have the right credit to call the damn company! Obviously I can’t get to a store. This has been a woeful service from beginning to end. 
Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jamespralija  if your outside the EU you need credit on your a account to pay for the call to speak with customer services.  You can only use a pack allowance within the UK/EU.   You’ll also need a credit card to pay a refundable token to have content lock removed.       

I’ve no issue with using a credit check for age verification, etc. But to force me to pay EE more money to turn off a ridiculous setting in the first place is abysmal service. I’m in the EU (Sweden). Will not be using them in future.

@Jamespralija  you’re not being forced to pay to turn off this feature your being requested to pay a refundable token by using a credit card in your name as you have to be over 18 to have a credit card which is what content lock is all about. 

this ridiculous feature as you put it is to stop children from accessing age related content so not so ridiculous when you think about it

if I’ve bought a product with a credit card that can only be obtained by an adult, it is ridiculous. 
So what you’re saying is that the phone numbers I’m supposed to call should be accessible within the EU and I should be able to call them…but they don’t work. So which part of this is helpful, sensible, accessible or useful? 

@Jamespralija  Purchasing a device with a credit card doesn’t mean anything, who’s to say you’re not going to get phone to a child.  EE doesn’t know that as your only purchasing a device.  

Everywhere else in the world, these features are turned on when desired. Not prepackaged in a ridiculous way that is monumentally difficult to turn off. Do you have an actual solution to the problem or are you just here to argue? 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jamespralija

If you are unable to call us from the mobile, please call +44 7953966250 from any other phone and the team will be happy to help you get this sorted. 

Leanne. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)