cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

research of broadband performance in the UK

Tommo_666
Explorer

Hi 

I received an email from EE saying the follow, is it legit?

Would you like to take part in some nationwide research of broadband performance in the UK?

OFCOM have partnered with Sam Knows who will carry out this research across the UK. They’re looking for volunteers from all over the country, from various broadband providers, including EE, to take part.

What do I need to do?
There’s not much to it, if you want to take part

If selected, Sam Knows will send you a free ‘White box’ which you need to connect to your router. The White box is a device which monitors the performance of your broadband connection. It doesn’t monitor your home network or web usage, and you’ll have access to all your own data that the box collects.

If you have any questions or want to find out more, click here.

Thanks
EE

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Tommo_666 , I have Sam knows and the box, it does exists and perfectly legitimate. You could look up samknows and check it out. Every month I receive an email from them letting me know my speeds, have had this for years.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The Samknows Whitebox is a well-known & reputable tool for monitoring, measuring & surveying BB performance across the board.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)