cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming add-on clarity

tomwhitaker
Explorer

I currently have a plan: 5G SIM Plan 24m Unlimited £25, the contract for which is about to expire.

Within it, I have…

• Travel Data Pass - pay £6-7 a day for using either 150 or 500mb of my data in 50 non-EU countries, including USA and Canada, but excluding Vietnam where I’m visiting later this year
  • £2.29 per day for EU roaming - use my data, with a fair use allocation, for this daily cost

I can’t remove either so I’m interpreting the above as just the standard costs for roaming in these countries with any EE Pay Monthly contract.

When I look at a new contract, I’m trying to choose between Essentials Max and All Rounder. Will Essentials Max come with the two add-ons detailed above?

For All Rounder, I can add a Roam Abroad Pass valued at £15/month (I don’t want Netflix etc). This gives me roaming in 47 EU countries. Are these the same 47 countries covered by the £2.29/day charge?

If so, is it fair to say that the Roam Abroad Pass is only of value to me for any months in which I would be in Europe for a week or more, at which time I could add it for £15 manually?

And does any of the above impact my roaming cost in Vietnam?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

A few points on what you say:

1. With all plans the Travel Data Pass is only added after you text TRAVEL to 150 & it can be removed by texting STOP TRAVEL to 150. You only pay for it on the days you use its data abroad.
  2. The free £2.29 EU add-on is on all plans, except perhaps No-Frills, & cannot be removed. You only pay for it on the days you use any of your allowances in the EU.
  3. The Roam Abroad Pass can be added to all plans or comes as an Inclusive Extra, except perhaps No-Frills.
  4. The Roam Abroad Pass covers  47 EU destinations and five additional non-EU countries abroad, namely US, Canada, Mexico, NZ, & Oz. The latter 5 are obviously not covered by the £2.29/day charge.
  5. From the 18th October 2023 the Roam Abroad Pass will be £25 per billing month. So it will only be worthwhile in EU for stays longer than about 11 days.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tomwhitaker
Explorer

Apologies, this paragraph should read…

When I look at a new contract, I’m trying to choose between Essentials Max and All Rounder. Will both these types of plan come with the two add-ons detailed above?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

A few points on what you say:

1. With all plans the Travel Data Pass is only added after you text TRAVEL to 150 & it can be removed by texting STOP TRAVEL to 150. You only pay for it on the days you use its data abroad.
  2. The free £2.29 EU add-on is on all plans, except perhaps No-Frills, & cannot be removed. You only pay for it on the days you use any of your allowances in the EU.
  3. The Roam Abroad Pass can be added to all plans or comes as an Inclusive Extra, except perhaps No-Frills.
  4. The Roam Abroad Pass covers  47 EU destinations and five additional non-EU countries abroad, namely US, Canada, Mexico, NZ, & Oz. The latter 5 are obviously not covered by the £2.29/day charge.
  5. From the 18th October 2023 the Roam Abroad Pass will be £25 per billing month. So it will only be worthwhile in EU for stays longer than about 11 days.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Very helpful thank you. 

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.