cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to buy EU roaming data

Digiwake
Contributor
Contributor

This seems to have been going on for a while. When my wife or I arrive in Spain, we receive a text telling us to send ROAMEU7D to 150 to activate 7 days of "Roam like at home". This doesn't work. All we get back is a standard response listing the things we can send to 150, and it doesn't include any roaming options. Both accounts are PAYG with plenty of account credit.

In the past I've been able to go onto the EE website when in wifi range and buy the 7 day roaming addon but when I eventually navigate down to the addon page today, all I get is "Addons purchase error. We're working on fixing this page etc etc etc". It's been doing this for at least a few days now so I don't think anyone is putting a great deal of effort into fixing it. Same result in multiple browsers, connecting from the UK and spain on different computers.

My wife (in Spain at the moment) just tried to call customer support, waded through lots of menus to the "speak to a representative" option, only to be told she couldn't be connected and to try again later.

Is EE actively trying to drive us away?

Capture.GIF

5 REPLIES 5
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Digiwake , not sure whether this page may help, but you may want to take a look here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/roaming/pay-as-you-go-charges-for-roaming-in-the-eu

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Digiwake
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but I'm aware of how it works and the options for activating it. In the past I've even been able to get one of the options to work (most recently for my trip in late March) but none of them are working now. Why send me a text telling me to send an unrecognised code to 150? Why is the addon purchasing page still down after several days? Why can we not even be connected to talk to a human in customer support?

Even the help page you linked to only loaded on the third attempt!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Digiwake 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you have an active subscription pack? 

Can you text BALANCE to 150 and let me know the full reply? 

Leanne 🙂

Digiwake
Contributor
Contributor

You have 1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 7.9GB remaining until 21/05/2024 for your £10 Flex plan. Your remaining plan data includes 2.0GB of rolled over data. Your current top up balance today 15:23 is £20.80, for more info go to My Account.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Digiwake 

In this case, please try calling us again and the team will get this looked into for you. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.