cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased Xbox Gamepass ultimate from seller on G2A now locked into subscription

Bremaine
Explorer

I noticed a few topics about this, but wasn't sure if I should start a new one or reply to others. I figure a new one would be best? I hope it's okay. 

To the issue at hand. Back in October I purchased a 1 month code for Xbox Gamepass Ultimate from a seller on G2A. After I redeemed the code, I went to my Xbox account settings to turn off auto-renewal as for some reason Xbox has been requiring you to mark it when you enter a code for Gamepass. But when I went in there I noticed the subscription was marked "Purchased with BT/EE" and when I clicked on "Manage" it would bring me to the EE website to manage said account. Since I am in the US, I don't have an account with EE and never have. I reached out to the seller initially asking what was up and he told me to wait it out, it will go away once the month is up. It did not, I reached back out to the seller and he explained it should drop off in another few days or so. It has not, and according to my Xbox Gamepass app it shows it expires on Dec 15th, but then on another part of the Xbox site it lists it renews on the 16th of Dec. 

I have already reached out to Xbox about the issue, and they explained there was nothing they could do, as it's tied to an EE account and that I would need to reach out to EE about sorting this out.

I found a contact number here for people abroad - https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/contacting-abroad, should I call the number there? Or is there a way I could email support instead? Would be a lot easier for me as I don't know if my phone service allows long distance calling to the UK. I can provide them the Xbox code I redeemed if that helps. No idea if it will or not, but I suppose it's worth a shot. 

The seller on G2A sells a lot of digital codes and I wish I looked at his reviews before buying as other buyers had a similar situation. Will never buy from third party sites like that, only Amazon or right from the Xbox store itself. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm kind of freaking out about it. The Xbox rep I spoke to said my Xbox account should be fine. I was worried something would happen to it. But I still want to get this subscription removed if possible. 

Thanks!

David

9 REPLIES 9
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bremaine,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you have purchased a subscription billed via an EE customer's account, only the account holder will be able to manage the subscription.

I'd recommend contacting the retailer you purchased the code from for support.

Thanks

James

Thanks for the response. So calling EE won't do anything? I reached out to the seller on G2A and he told me to wait it out again. I asked if he could speak to the original account holder, but I'm guessing that's impossible since he's a reseller. He probably got the code from someone and then sold it off. The retailer itself, G2A in this case likely can't do anything about it aside from maybe removing the users account who sold the code. 

The problem is, I don't think the seller or the retailer would know who the account holder is. 

James_B

That's right, @Bremaine 

Our team wouldn't be able to discuss this with anyone other than the named account holder.

James

so if you can't help, should I enjoy the fact that someone else is paying me a subscription? Is this what you mean by saying you can't do anything about it?

I feel for you bro I'm in the same exact situation and James here, the community support team doesn't seem to give a F. He doesn't even share an email address for help support or anything. I bought a month of GP ultimate on G2A and now I can't cancel.

I never heard of BT/EE before and now I'm literally forced to create an account with both these mofo website that offer NO help. They're playing ping pong with us. I go to Subscription page and there are no gamepass to be found. 

Katie_B

Hi @ceadeus

To cancel the subscription please get in touch with the seller on G2A. 

Thanks, 

Katie

So are you being charged for it or someone else?

Hi... No it is still working... Seller of key is no longer communicating with me... So thanks for unknown person which is paying my playing 🤣

So your account allows you to play, but you didn't pay anymore