cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pa as you go to pay monthly upgrade offer

endor
Investigator
Investigator

I took out a pay as you go sim to test out EE's network (I've not had a plan with them for a couple of years so wanted to check it was still good). This persuaded me to order a pay monthly sim. I noticed that, when logging into my EE account, I was able to order a 24 month contract for £25 per month that would give me unlimited data, calls and texts.

A day after ordering I got an email saying EE needed more information. I rang up and was told my credit check failed. This was very odd as it had never happened to me before. I contacted the credit referrals dept and they duly overturned the decision.

I tried ordering the same plan again but was once again rebuffed. When I rang up this time I was told I could only order the £35 per month plan with the same allowances.

To me this seems very unfair. Why am I not being allowed to order this plan if it's available on the site to order? Seems to me EE want me to pay £10 per month extra for no extra benefit for no apparent reason.

Had anyone else had a similar experience?

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you tried doing the switch from PAYG online by Switch to pay monthly and save & seeing if it has any better offers? Your existing PAYG credit will be carried over as credit towards your future bills. You keep your existing SIM & no. The plan on it is just switched to contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I wasn't aware of that service. I got the code but the order page won't log me in for some reason. "Unfortunately, we couldn't log you in, but you can still buy or upgrade - just choose what you want to do" is the message I get.

Will maybe try again in the morning.

That discount would bring the cost down to £31 per month which is better but it's still not as good as £25 for the same plan.

Still the same issue today. I could sign up for a new account but don't know if I could then use the discount code.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @endor,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems placing your order online.

I'd recommend contacting our sales team on 0800 956 6000 and explaining the issues you are experiencing.

They'll do everything they can to help.

James

csk03
Visitor

Both me and my husband also got declined from our credit check which is ridiculous, as our credit score is in fine shape and we have never been rejected, ever. We are now getting the runaround from customer service saying that they're unable to put me on a contract for another TWELVE WEEKS due to credit check limitations and won't give us any reasons why we got declined. Because of this, we also can't sign up for their broadband account. We really wanted to make it easy for them and give them all of our mobile/landline/broadband business but this is turning us away from them. Did you ever end up getting a resolution? Very close to just trying with another network.

I already tried calling that number and they said they'd have to put me on the £35 per month plan. They didn't give me a concrete reason. They just said no.