cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move from EE

maxon_uk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

After 7 years with EE I am thinking move to another network. EE signal are great, but unfortunately very expensive. There last 6 months of my contract left,  contract end on 14 September 2024. When I can switch to another network, on that date or 45 days before? Like for upgrade?I am not sure if EE able to offer great sim-only deal. 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You may only move to another network FoC once your min. term is up. Prior to that you will incur Early Termination Fees.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Contractually you have committed to your monthly payments for at least the duration of your minimum term. Failure to honour that does make you liable for early termination charges, but without the benefit of the service that you would otherwise get.

Once you are in the upgrade window at 30days prior to "end" date, you can request a change to SIM-only to reduce your monthly costs, that will then take effect at the end of your minimum term.