cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing sim only monthly either upgrade or downgrade to another sim only

KungFuSu
Visitor

Hi,

I have searched and searched for an answer but can’t find out if you can change from one sim only monthly plan to a different sim only monthly plan, therefore downgrading or upgrading.

I am moving from Plusnet so have Plusnet customer only plans but it doesn’t say if at the end of the month (sim only) you can change it to have less/more data and so changing the monthly cost. 

Say this could easily be done, would I still have the same pricing as offered currently or would it go to the current (all) EE customer plans and pricing?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't downgrade mid-term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you are on a 30day (so no minimum term) SIM-only, I see no reason you couldn't increase or decrease your allowance from month-to-month.

If you are on a 12month or 24month SIM-only, the same mid-term rules are likely to apply as per a handset-plan, that you can increase your allowance anytime but only decrease in limited circumstances.

AngelaCripps
Visitor

I've tried to do the same thing. Turns out you can't do this online.

You can only 'add' another line from the website, so you need to:

1. Call 150 from your phone... then when you ask to speak to someone it cuts you off and then takes you

2. IVR where you choose what you need and then end up back at calling 150 and should be answered quicker this way

3. Once they get you through to a person, they can then help you adjust your current plan.