cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE haven’t asked for my upgrade trade in phone

HamishS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I recently upgraded my phone through EE’s sales team over the phone and I’ve had the new phone a few weeks but haven’t heard anything from EE about getting my trade in handset back to them. 
I don’t want to suddenly be charged for not fulfilling my side of the trade in because I haven’t been given information on what to do. 
Is it normal for there to be a few weeks between upgrade and trade in? Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @HamishS.

Welcome to the community.

The returns bag is usually sent a few days after you receive the phone.

There has been a slight amendment to our returns policy, but I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care team to make them aware that you've still got the phone.

Jon

Adnan1
Visitor

so what happened then if you can help me im in a similar situation kinda

Nothing lol!  Not heard a peep off them about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @HamishS and @Adnan1

Have you both spoken to the Mobile Care team?

Chris

Yes but every time I call they say they’re prioritising vulnerable customers and non-urgent calls should be handled online where possible...hence me posting this hoping someone from EE might jump in and help. i’ve tried to call multiple times but get bored after 20+ minutes of waiting to be put through. 

as far as I’m concerned it’s something EE should be chasing up with me not the other way around. What’s the point in having a support forum is no one from your company Can actually step up and help with the issues this way?
If when I call it tells me to use the forums and the forums tell me ring up what should I do?! 

Hi @HamishS 

@sorry to bother you but I’m in the same predicament as you were… how did it end and how long did it take? 
thanks