Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Changes to the EE returns policy in response to the coronavirus (Covid-19)

We understand that it may be more difficult to return your unwanted or trade-in devices to EE at the moment, so we've made a few changes to help our customers who are self-isolating.

Returning a device bought within the last 14 days

If you are returning an unwanted device purchased within the last 14 days, we still ask that you let us know before 14 days pass, but there is no longer a fixed timescale to get it back to us. Please return the phone to us as soon as it is safe to do so, following the latest government advice.

You can use our online returns form to arrange your return.

Returning your trade-in device

To support our customers during this difficult time, we're extending the returns period for trade-in devices from 14 days to 42 days.

You may still receive communications quoting the normal 14 day policy, but we're working on updating this as soon as possible.

Broadband equipment returns

If you've been sent a bag to return your broadband equipment, please only take it to a drop off point when it is safe to do so, adhering to the latest government advice at www.gov.uk/coronavirus.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Re: Changes to the EE returns policy in response to the coronavirus (Covid-19)

Thanks very much for the update.. that is fab news as I will be upgrading in 10 days time to a shinny new Iphone. 

Thanks again

Chris

Highlighted
by

I have just recieved my two new phones.  On opening it i realised that the 8 plus was actually much bigger than i expected.  I have only taken off the film of the outer box, nothing else.  is it still possible to return this and exchange for a different phone?

Thanks

Highlighted
by

Hi @Snowball009,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, that's fine. Please fill out the returns form to arrange sending it back.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

With the trade in device returns period being extended from 14 to 42 days will this be extended again in light of the latest extension of the lock down?

Fully utilising the extension to 42 days means I would be expected to return my phone during the extension of 3 weeks and I would not consider that as an essential journey.

Highlighted
by

Good Afternoon @bmth-simon

Due to the ongoing issues around Coronavirus we are changing the period that customers have to return their devices. This is due to certain vulnerable customers being unable to get to the Post Office to post their phone back to us.

Because of this, we will not be debiting customers for the non-return of their devices during the lockdown period.

We still expect customers to return their devices to us but only as soon as they reasonably can.

Once the government guidelines around non-essential travel change we will contact all customers with an outstanding trade-in order to return their device to us and we will debit them if they fail to return their device after that point.

Katie 🙂

Highlighted
by

Hello,

I recently upgraded, received the phone, never opened it & returned it using the returns label and form within the 14 days. 
The tracking number has been delivered over a week ago and I would like to order a different phone for my upgrade. My account still says that I’m not able to upgrade for two years now.....so when will this be updated so I can re-order an upgraded phone and contract now? 

Highlighted
by
EE Community Team

Hi @DarT,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Once your order has been delivered back to us, we recommend 10 working days for the equipment to be processed back and our team to complete the relevant changes on your account.

As soon as this is done it will be reflected on your My EE account

If you call our customer care team, they will be able to check your account for you and the status of the return.

Alex 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions