by sianbutlerx Investigator
Investigator

Delivery of handset for upgrade of phone

Hi guys, 

I've been searching the EE community for a few days now and I haven't found anyone who can help me with this. I recently upgraded my phone on the EE website on Thursday 10th January 2019, I've done this before and the process was really quick and I had my new phone and contract the next day.

However, this time upgrading it has sent my upgrade through a third party seller who I believe is called Voice Mobile. I have spoken to a few advisors at EE about this and they are unable to give me any tracking details because I was not given an XKN number. They can however find my order on their system. 

Has anyone had dealings with Voice Mobile? As my contract has started but I have not yet received the new handset, if so, how long did it take for your phone to be delivered? 

Any help would be really appreciated.

T.I.A 

16 REPLIES 16
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Delivery of handset for upgrade of phone

How did you upgrade?

As EE wouldn't send you to a third party.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Just checked on Google.

Voice Mobile has a bunch of bad reviews including one where they rung up pretending to be EE themselves.

Investigator

I upgraded through the EE website and the woman I spoke to on the phone at EE confirmed that they sometimes use voice mobile.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sianbutlerx: You have bought from https://sales.voicemobile.co.uk/ not from https://shop.ee.co.uk/upgrade .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I can assure you @sianbutlerx EE would never use a third party seller.

What number did you dial to speak to this EE rep that said they use them.

Investigator

I went through the official EE website and checked the upgrade eligibility and went through this. Even the new contract is showing on my EE account too. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Voice Mobile is not an EE Partner. How do you know the woman on the phone was from EE? Did she phone you?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Voice Mobile is a 3rd party reseller. They will supply the hardware but take the airtime plan out with EE. Thus it appears on your MyEE a/c.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

What number did you dial?

EE wouldn't use any third party seller.

What website did you go to?

EE.co.uk or another one.

If you didn't dial the number to speak to EE dis they ring you. If so what number was it. If it was a private number EE don't use private numbers.

Investigator

I have just found another post about this company and it has been confirmed that EE do use them and they are legitimiate. 

Thank you for your help though! I really do appreciate it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Where is this post? Linky please?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@sianbutlerx wrote:

I have just found another post about this company and it has been confirmed that EE do use them and they are legitimiate. 

Thank you for your help though! I really do appreciate it.

If you want to believe that then so be it.

Voice Mobile would not be used by EE to sell to you.

They are a reseller like car phone warehouse. That is all but EE wouldn't use them if you upgraded directly with EE.

You are avoiding my questions which makes me think that you didn't go through proper channels.

What number did you dial?

If they failed you what number was it?

What website did you click on to?

Now there is another question.

Where is that other post you have magically found which you couldn't before.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

3rd parties may very well sell EE products but EE doesn't use 3rd-parties to sell their own products directly. Why would they?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

3rd parties may very well sell EE products but EE doesn't use 3rd-parties to sell their own products directly. Why would they?

Yup why would they?

EE would get more money out of you selling direct. Why would they send you to a third party to get less out of you?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

+ you'd get a UK branded handset by buying direct from EE rather than an imported model from a 3rd-party Smiley Wink.

Investigator

Hi guys,

The phone arrived yesterday and everything is fine now.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.