cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail alert but no voicemail messages

DawnMc
Visitor

I have just returned from a trip abroad and since switching my phone back on I keep receiving a notification that I have a new voicemail, however when I call voicemail it says I have no messages. I’ve tried turning off badge notifications then switching phone off and on again but it hasn’t worked. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Call your mobile from another phone and leave a message. Wait for the notification to arrive then dial voicemail and delete the message.

The notification should clear.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Call your mobile from another phone and leave a message. Wait for the notification to arrive then dial voicemail and delete the message.

The notification should clear.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @DawnMc 

Thanks for coming here. 

Can you try the advice from @bristolian and let us know if this works for you? 

Leanne 🙂

I have this exact issue. Nothing works at all. I got an s21 ultra with you guys. Took my sim out, cleared every cache I can. Cleared data etc and its still there. 

Changed phones to an s23 ultra last week, and it's now on both phones with no voice mail messages. Nothing is working and even after removing all sims it's an issue.

I'm unsure why you're forcing this notification through too. Because after uninstalling the ee app it vanishes, but then, the ee ap now has malware because I've had 3 anti viruses flag it. Seems like this is something you're doing on purpose 

Christopher_G

Hi @Bbbrent 

Have you tried calling your phone from another number, then leaving a message? Once you fully listen to the message, then delete it, the icon should disappear.

Chris

This worked Christopher.

I have the problem. I had a message . Deleted it but alert will not stop so advice no good for me

Didn't work for me

James_B

Did you listen to the message in full, @RoadieDave?

James

@RoadieDave : Did you, as suggested above, get someone to call your phone from another number, then leave a message? Once you fully listen to the message, then delete it, the icon should disappear. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)