Visitor

Do I get charged when I receive and make a call in Belgium 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, @Kay158 .

You may use your usual UK allowances in the EU with up to 50 GB (contract) or 25 GB (PAYG) data per billing month if you have more. If on contract & your contract started after 07/07/2021 there'll be a £2.29 / day charge for using your UK allowances in EU or alternatively you may buy the Roam Abroad Pass for £15 / month.

On PAYG there are charges for using your pack allowances in the EU of either £2.50 / day or £10 / week, to be taken only from your PAYG credit, not your recurring card payment. If you opt for neither you will be paying standard rates for calls & texts & need to buy a small add-on for data.

If you are on contract, remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave UK to ensure roaming is enabled on your account.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, @Kay158 .

You may use your usual UK allowances in the EU with up to 50 GB (contract) or 25 GB (PAYG) data per billing month if you have more. If on contract & your contract started after 07/07/2021 there'll be a £2.29 / day charge for using your UK allowances in EU or alternatively you may buy the Roam Abroad Pass for £15 / month.

On PAYG there are charges for using your pack allowances in the EU of either £2.50 / day or £10 / week, to be taken only from your PAYG credit, not your recurring card payment. If you opt for neither you will be paying standard rates for calls & texts & need to buy a small add-on for data.

If you are on contract, remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave UK to ensure roaming is enabled on your account.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Sittsit
Investigator
Investigator

What network do I have to manually connect to when I’m in Belgium? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sittsit 

Welcome to the community.

If you leave it on automatic selection, it'll connect you to an operator that we have an agreement with.

Chris

Thank you for replying Chris, roaming is set up as automatic, however, most of my time abroad I have to set up the roaming to manual as it does not let me connect automatically. 

Katie_B

Hi @Sittsit

Are you abroad at the moment?

If you also ensure you have activated roaming by texting ROAMING to 150 your phone will automatically connect you to a local network. 

Katie 🙂

Thank you for replying, Katie. Yes my roaming is ON and have messaged EE through 150 and it said Roaming is active. It was hard to find  a network because it does not pick the right network automatically no matter how hard I tried. I even tried to restart it for the whole day. I was in Germany yesterday and it has strong signal using Telekom but only has Edge service. I did not realise that I have to manually choose the o2 network to use 5g. I am worried this will happen again when I go to Belgium. 

Katie_B

Hi @Sittsit

If this does happen whilst in Belgium please come back to us here on the community and let us know. 

Katie

Anybody know what network EE use in Belgium?

Katie_B

Hi @Sittsit

I believe it should be Mobistar. 

Katie