cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my iPhone in Malta

maltaclive
Investigator
Investigator

I have checked and set the settings on my phone for roaming, but cannot get any service in Malta.  I am a Utility Warehouse customer and have unlimited date and calls. I can send and receive texts with local Wifi.

The phone is an iphone6, and registered in Uk. I feel I am missing something in the settings, or something peculiar about Malta for this set up. Anybody any ideas please. 

6 REPLIES 6
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @maltaclive

Welcome to the community. 

Did you text ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK to activate roaming on your EE account?

Speak soon, 

Katie

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

A couple of bits here..

1: Roaming is not a phone setting you can change, it's at network level normally done by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. I suspect the phone setting you're looking at is for "data roaming" which just means using mobile data whilst roaming. There isn't a setting for "text roaming" or "voice call roaming" but they would be the equivalent.

2; More importantly, if you are a Utility Warehouse customer, you need to contact them - not EE. A quick Google search finds the following page, which includes contact details for them.

https://help.uw.co.uk/article/mobile/mobile-roaming/how-do-i-prepare-my-mobile-before-going-abroad 

No I did not see this anywhere in instructions before. Can I still do that now in Malta ?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @maltaclive 

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you tried using the link @bristolian has provided to get this looked into? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

Yes I followed the instructions before I left uk. But is does not say anything about texting ROAMING to 150 before I left. I have tried texting from Malta, but without it going. 
it seems my only hope is for somebody at EE doing a manual procedure which would have been done if I had text in Uk before.

my number is ********** if anyone from EE in monitoring this message please.

[mod edit: please don't post personal details on the forum]

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Posting your mobile number on a public internet forum is an open invitation for spammers to start contacting you, I'd recommend editing that out ASAP unless the site admins beat you to it. Texting ROAMING to 150 is EE's process for activating roaming, but you've advised you're a customer of UW - not EE.

It is they you need to contact - https://help.uw.co.uk/article/mobile/mobile-roaming/im-abroad-and-cant-connect-to-a-network-what-do-...