cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SIM Card cannot be registered under VoWIFI

Tommy_Chai
Investigator
Investigator

The first step of VOWIFI implementation is to establish an IPsec Tunnel directly between Endpoint and ePDG server, and all subsequent messages will go through this tunnel ------------- implemented √ ;

Endpoint initiates the first IMS registration request, and the server replies with 401 authentication request----------------implemented √ ;

When  Endpoint initiated the authentication request for the second time, we had a problem; after the first two steps of the new SIM card, a Transport interface will be negotiated for registration; on the BT‘s SIM card, We can ignore this Transport interface and continue to use IPsec Tunnel to initiate registration, and the registration will be successful. However, for EE SIM cards, the registration we initiate again seems to be ignored (the server keeps returning 401 without any explanation of the reason for rejection), and Unable to do the IMS register. ---------------Sticking point;

I would like to know, in this case, do we use Ipsec Tunnel or Transport to continue the registration? Is there any documentation we can use?

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tommy_Chai,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What type of device are you using your EE SIM card in? To use EE WiFi Calling, you shouldn't need to take any steps other than toggling on WiFi Calling in your phone's settings.

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your support.

We use Yealink's LTE Desktop Phone T67. I don't know if you know it. We have cooperated with BT One Phone platform before, and it can normally use WoWIFI function, but EE's SIM card doesn't work now.
My colleagues judged that it seems that EE's P-CSCF server SIM jam registration & authentication has a different logic than BT One Phone.

Tommy

James_B

Hi @Tommy_Chai,

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that device. I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team for further advice.

Thanks

James

Hi James,

Is there an email address where I can contact the technical team responsible for VoWIFI?

This will be very helpful.

James_B

Hi @Tommy_Chai,

Sorry, I don't have a direct email contact for assistance with this type of query.

James