cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Call going to voicemail on first attempt but rings immediately after

3weedogs
Investigator
Investigator

My wife and I are both on EE and having the same issue, making and receiving calls and irrespective of where we are, not just at home and to and from mobiles and landlines.  She is on an iPhone and I am on a Pixel.  It is frustrating but manageable for outgoing calls, you just make a second call.  When you receive a business call though it is often impossible to get back to the correct person.

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Are you able to use mobile data whilst on a call?

I don't think I understand your question.  If I am on a call I am not trying to use mobile data.  Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Mobile data is indeed different to a voice call. I'm asking whether you're able to use the two services simultaneously.

If you're not sure, please try.

OK, just tried and it worked OK.  I was able to access the BBC site as normal.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

That proves that you're using VoLTE, which is the tech underpinning 4G-calling. This should eliminate some issues with 2G fallback.

If all calls are going directly to voicemail, it usually suggests a DND or unconditional divert has been set. If some are, it would suggest a location-specific issue or a device-problem.

Testing in different locations would give good indicators which one applies.

I understand some of that I think.  If it happens everywhere it is probably a device issue and if it is only one place it is network.  It is strange that it happens for myself and my wife in different locations suggesting we have the same issue on both phones occurring simultaneously.  I am coincidentally getting a new phone this weekend so that may clarify if it is a device issue for me.