Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with WiFi calling

Les27
Investigator
Investigator

So a bit of a strange problem. 
we are in a very rural location and our house is very old so has very thick walls. This means we rely on WiFi calling. We have recently changed our internet from the standard landline to a three 5g hub. It gives us the best internet speed we’ve ever had BUT our phones will not go into WiFi calling mode. It just won’t work at all. I’ve tried putting in airplane mode and putting the WiFi toggle on but this doesn’t work either. Now I’ve put this to three as well. Is it a problem with ee or a problem with three? 

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Les27 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Can you connect to other WiFi networks and use WiFi Calling? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

We used to have Vodafone home broadband (through the phone line) and never had a problem. I wondered if it was to do with the fact that it is a 5g hub rather than a standard phone line. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Les27 

If this has worked previously and is affecting more than one device, I would suggest getting back in touch with your WiFi provider to get this looked into 🙂

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

As far as your phone is concerned, a WiFi connection is a WiFi-connection.

Your next troubleshooting step would be to see whether the issue follows the router or your phone. Can your phone use WiFi-calling on other routers? And can other phones use your router?

As previously said, I am in contact with three as well I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem and found a solution.