cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I buy and add roaming to my daughter’s EE phone

QUICKASK
Investigator
Investigator

Daughter travelling tomorrow- can I buy and add European roaming to her EE Phone number from my EE account?

14 REPLIES 14
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@QUICKASK  Is that a contract tariff or PAYG ? 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

In addition to the question re pay-monthly or PAYG already posed, if your daughter is on pay-monthly - is this the same billing account as yourself? Or a separate independent account?

It's the account holder who has the ability to purchase billing add-ons. Remember the ability to roam abroad by connecting to foreign networks, is entirely separate from billing add-ons - the process differs between pay-monthly & PAYG.

Daughter is 20 now - monthly contract is paid for by her father via his account - however we’ve been calling and texting him to enable roaming but he hasn’t answered or responded - my daughter travels to Milan tomorrow for fashion week then on to Lanzarote - is there a way I can apply the roaming to her EE number from my EE account - can I link her EE number to my account and take over the monthly payments + enable roaming for her tonight ready for tomorrow 

It’s a contract tariff- but see detail below 

@QUICKASK  From the device you need to text ROAM to 150 to enable roaming on the account.    
to purchase a add on you need access to the account.    If your daughter has account access she can purchase the roaming pass so you can use her tariff allowances where there.      Or you pay the daily roaming fee of £2.29 in order to use the allowances. 

You can take over the contract but unfortunately you’ll not be able to do this now as the account holder has to call customer services to request a change of ownership and you need to accept that change of ownership.  If you can not be present at the same time a code is given to the account holder they then have to give you this code so when you speak with customer services you can give that code to proceed with the of ownership.   

You can't do anything if her phone on another a/c. You can only transfer her to your a/c with her father's consent by you both calling CS together & effecting a change of ownership. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@QUICKASK  The daily roaming fee is only applicable if you use the device on that day.   So if it’s not use there’s no charge.  Using data will incur the fee.  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

It is crucial to separate the roaming facility from whatever billing add-on is chosen.

The facility is free of charge and is crucial to enabling access to foreign networks, without which your daughter's phone will not have coverage outside the UK. Do this via the text commands mentioned above.

Billing add-ons merely reduce the cost of roaming.

There's nowt you can do tonight. However your daughter herself can text ROAMING to 150 now to ensure roaming is activated on her a/c before she leaves UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)