cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive authentication text messages from various services

nxva
Investigator
Investigator

Last night I realized that I am unable to receive authentication texts for both Activision blizzard and EA, i contacted those services and they have both said that the messages were sent and it was an issue with EE, this morning i called 150 and after checking my number they told me that those messages were automatically blocked across the network to prevent scams.

to give some context, activision blizzard uses a service called sms protect on free to play games to make it more difficult for people to make more than one account, if you cannot receive these authentication text messages then you are unable to play those games and you will be unable to until you can verify a phone number. 

so now i am stuck, ee says they cannot remove the block but now i have lost access to accounts as they can only be authenticated by sms, is the only solution here to cancel my contract an move to another provider? i dont think it is right for ee to restrict my access to services at all and am really stressed.

10 REPLIES 10
Estelle1964
Visitor

I couldn’t agree more. I used to be able to access my bank verification code but in the last month I cannot do this anymore with EE. They say they are trying to stop scamming but I would like to decide myself which texts I receive & not EE. What right do they have to decide who I can & who I can’t receive messages from. In fact I got a scam sms from a courier service. 😡