cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive authentication text messages from various services

nxva
Investigator
Investigator

Last night I realized that I am unable to receive authentication texts for both Activision blizzard and EA, i contacted those services and they have both said that the messages were sent and it was an issue with EE, this morning i called 150 and after checking my number they told me that those messages were automatically blocked across the network to prevent scams.

to give some context, activision blizzard uses a service called sms protect on free to play games to make it more difficult for people to make more than one account, if you cannot receive these authentication text messages then you are unable to play those games and you will be unable to until you can verify a phone number. 

so now i am stuck, ee says they cannot remove the block but now i have lost access to accounts as they can only be authenticated by sms, is the only solution here to cancel my contract an move to another provider? i dont think it is right for ee to restrict my access to services at all and am really stressed.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nxva
Investigator
Investigator

if you could pass anything up the hierarchy to be looked at, i would definitely suggest asking whoever decides what authenticator texts have a network block and which are allowed through to take another look, as i joined EE as the company claims to be made for gamers, yet i am finding myself leaving my contract because the text needed to verify my game account was blocked by the system, however thank you for taking the time to respond 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @nxva 

If they have a history of spamming and EA, Blizzard have failed to implemen safeguards then the issue is with them not EE. 

Can you not choose to send the code to email or use an authentication app? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

as i said, blizzard uses sms protect to verify your account, if you cannot receive the sms then you cannot play the game, there is no other way, and EE has blocked the sender across the network, so it is definitely an EE issue

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nxva 

Can you receive authentication texts from other companies? 

Have you received these before on EE?

Leanne.

the only company i can receive them from is paypal so far, i have checked many, and have never had an issue receiving these in the past on EE, when i called up they verified that they can see one of the blocked numbers i tried this morning was Electronic Arts (EA) however the number was still blocked on the whole network... even though they recognized that it wasn't a scam and was from a legit company 

Leanne_T

I see @nxva 

To get this looked into further, please get back in touch with our customer care team to see if they can offer any further support. 

Leanne.

unfortunately they said that the numbers cannot be unblocked, EE have accepted this and allowed me to leave my contract early as i cannot access services that i need and they can not/ will not do anything about it, at least i have sorted it now, even if it does mean i have the inconvenience of switching providers 

Leanne_T

I am very sorry to hear this and appreciate you letting us know @nxva 

Leanne.

nxva
Investigator
Investigator

if you could pass anything up the hierarchy to be looked at, i would definitely suggest asking whoever decides what authenticator texts have a network block and which are allowed through to take another look, as i joined EE as the company claims to be made for gamers, yet i am finding myself leaving my contract because the text needed to verify my game account was blocked by the system, however thank you for taking the time to respond 

Leanne_T

Hi there @nxva 

I have been advised this should now be resolved? 

Could you let me know if you receive the authentication texts?

Leanne.