cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn on International Roaming whilst abroad

r0tary
Investigator
Investigator

I'm currently abroad and unable to connect to a local network.

I believe my international Roaming is not turned on, but I can't find anyway to do it. I can't text ROAM to 150 because obviously I'm not connected to a network.

Help topics all seem to say log in and then go to manage devices and turn on roaming. But there's no manage devices sub menu anywhere. I've tried calling customer services (at international rates since I'm abroad!) and been on hold for an hour with nobody answering.

I've looked in myEE app and the only place roaming is mentioned there, it says to text Roam to 150

23 REPLIES 23

I looked in both and can't see the option.

Also I'm not looking to turn on data roaming. 

It's the general roaming that will allow me to register on a local network so I can receive calls and texts.

If you can't enable the Roaming Abroad and the Call Abroad & Premium Rate settings of your online MyEE, you will need to call CS. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. via Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
r0tary
Investigator
Investigator

I managed to get through to customer services in the end and they turned roaming on for me.

They weren't able to explain why I couldn't change it online or in app either.

But after a few hours, i restarted my phone and it's sorted now

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @r0tary

I'm happy to hear it's sorted. 🙂

James

I have the same problem as @rOtary but can't call customer services or anyone else for that matter

James_B

Hi @PaulF11,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you didn't activate roaming before you travelled, you would need to call Customer Care from another phone or a calling app over WiFi so the team can activate it on your account.

Thanks

James

Hi James

I have not had to activate roaming separately when travelling to Europe so thought it would already be on for Canada and New Zealand.

Just calling does not work as the msg states I need to connect to WiFi, which I clearly am and WiFi calling is on. I have tried WhatsApp but it doesn't recognise the number as a contact. I  have tried downloading other apps but as I'm not connected to a network I don't receive the verification codes.

The other phone on this contract is in the same position.

Is there an email address I can contact to resolve this as it appears all I have to do is contact CS to ask them to turn something on?

Yours In communicado 🤔

@PaulF11 : EE maintains no email contact. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Cannot activate Skype as it wants to text me a security code for verification. See above.

Leanne_T

Hi @PaulF11 

In this case, you would need to call us on the contact @James_B has provided in the link. Our mobile care team will certainly help you get this sorted. 

Leanne.