Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling london from turkeu

Chicka
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I need to call an 0800 number in London, but I don’t have any data on my mobile. I’m not sure how long the call will last because it’s a bank. 
what’s the cheapest way of doing it pls?

10 REPLIES 10
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You should be able to Call the UK Banks 0800 Freephone Numbers for free in Turkey using Skype.  

Schockwave
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Chicka , do not forget that when calling from abroad, even when using Skype to put +44 and leave the 0 out, so should be +44800 and the rest of the number, if any problems try 044800 otherwise.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

I’m sorry to ask, is Skype the same as Wassup?

Schockwave
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Chicka  You cannot use What’s App to contact EE, as you cannot add EE as a contact, you would have to download Skype, register and then without putting money in, you can ring customer service for free. It is an App, but you can ring people etc, who do not have it, and if a free number you want to ring, then it is free. Hope that helps, click on the App Store or play or google store and take a look.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

I need to call Santander in London. That’s why I’m asking. 
So if I download the Skype app and register for free, are you saying that I can then call a London number from a Turkish mobile for free? 
I think that’s what you’re saying, am I correct?

and btw, thanks for replying. 

I am in Northern Cyprus 

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Skype should allow you to call any UK 0800 number via VoIP providing you have an Internet connection.

The only cost will be whatever data connection you use, if that's WiFi then it's free.

Schockwave
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Chicka , I would have thought you should be able to, but have no idea, as I have not done so, myself.

That sounds great!

Ok, thanks very much everyone for your help 👍