cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to receive but unable to call or send texts while abroad

JoshYongguk
Investigator
Investigator

I am currently abroad and have a received a text from EE saying that I need to make a chargeable call/text or use data or I might lose my account. I can receive texts but am unable to text or call anyone. I have enough credit in my account to do both. I have also tried using my SIM in a different phone but with the same result. Does anyone know what I can do so that I won't lose my number? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@JoshYongguk  Are you putting 44 or +44 at the start of the number instead of a 0 if you’re trying to call/text a UK number? 

Yes, I am and still no luck.

@JoshYongguk , I take it you are on pay as you go, so when did you last use your SIM card for a chargeable call or text?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Yes, I am on PAYG and the last time I did a chargeable call/text would have been at the beginning of August

@JoshYongguk , I would suggest having a read here as it looks like your SIM card has gone into hibernation:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-and-flex-hibernation-and-how-do-I-...

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.