mast down oswestry

kimej
Investigator
Investigator

The phone mast at Oswald Cross is being improved according to EE, originally on 19th September for 1 day. They sent a text next day saying signal would return in 14 hours and still nothing.  My phone doesn't do wifi calling and I cannot leave home at the moment.  Still no phone use 4 days, anyone have any updates please?

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kimej

Thanks for coming here. 

If you are having signal problems you can view any reported known issues for the area on our EE Coverage & Network Status Checker

If nothing is showing you can report this and be kept up to date by email or text from our network team. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne

I already know this thank you.  This just seems to be extending on a daily basis and I have not been able to take or receive calls or texts for 5 days with no end in sight😩

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kimej

I'm sorry to hear this.

If you would like more details, I would suggest getting in touch with our tech gurus from another phone on 0800 079 8586 and they can get this looked into.

Leanne,

kimej
Investigator
Investigator

Mast broken and I cannot make or receive calls or texts since 1st October 2023.  Getting nowhere with EE, after 40 minutes they said they cannot get permission from the landowner to repair it.  My handset does not do wifi calling and I am mostly at home so missing appointments and calls. No update despite me asking for it. Has anyone else managed to get a progress report?

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If there is a legal or other access issue, these are not always resolved as quickly as anyone would like.

It may be worth considering changing to a newer phone that does support WiFi-calling.