Signal checker

Gypsyron1
Contributor
Contributor

What a hassle just to check something I'm asked repeatedly for my postcode and number and when I do eventually think I'm getting somewhere I have even more crap from EE on screen my phone signal is rotten since I changed from giff gaff I need to try constantly to find an area in flat just so I can get signal something I never had to do with giff gaff also no matter where I go outside it's taken ages for pages to load when I try to go on-line how can EE say they are the fastest network providers when I'm constantly struggling to get a signal let alone a call without it cutting of during a conversation I am getting sick of this now I'm given it a week and if this continues I'm going back to giff gaff and please I don't want inundated with information on what to do as I've already tried everything 

8 REPLIES 8
Gypsyron1
Contributor
Contributor

GiffGaff is an MVNO "piggyback" operator who use O2.

A good test would be to compare your service with other EE users - if you are having coverage issues in numerous areas, there may be a fault with your phone.

Gypsyron1
Contributor
Contributor

With this phone I had no issues with giff gaff then when I changed to EE I'm loosing signal when speaking to someone again no issues with giff gaff.i also noticed when I'm out and about in city centre it's taken ages to go online  and sometimes I can't connect again didn't have this issue with giff gaff so I know it's not my phone I'm going to give it a month and if it continues like this I'm definitely going back to giff gaff what's the point in having data when you can't get the benefit from it 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Gypsyron1 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you enter the postcode in the Network Status Checker and select 'check status' do we have any reported problems in the area? 

If not, do any other EE customers have the same problems? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne

There's no fault with phone it worked perfectly before when I was with giff gaff and I don't know anyone who lives in this area to compare I only started getting issue's as soon as I changed to EE and I've only been with EE for just over a month and the problems started as soon as I swapped Sims and using giff gaff with the 02 operator was definitely better 

Gypsyron1
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried and it's starting to annoy me the whole process just to find out it asks me constantly to re enter postcode and when I finally get onto the page it doesn't do anything I zoom into my street and nothing then I'm inundated with crap on pages from EE I then get an email from EE about buying phones which I'm not interested in 

I finally got on the signal checker page as always it's saying signal for my area is good showing all bars and yet I'm lucky if I have one bar 

@Gypsyron1   Click the check status tab not the coverage tab. 

IMG_0276.jpeg