cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No internet despite full 5G

ajallright
Investigator
Investigator

i have the same issue as the original poster. Sometimes my signal is showing full 5g and i cannot connect to anything that requires internet. In central london and areas near my work where most days i have no issues. its usually when ive been connected to wifi and then come off it. I have cleared caches and that doesn't seem to work either. I never used to have this issue, only in the last 4 months

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @ajallright

Welcome to the community. 

Are you able to check the area affected using the Network/Coverage Checker?

This will show any known issues and show what 5G and 4G coverage should be like. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does VoLTE show onscreen, and can you make calls when this happens?

Does toggling mobile data permissions resolve?

Hello, no i dont recognise 'VoLTE' so it must not show on screen. the Screen looks completely normal its just i cant use the internet. Toggling everything (data, data roaming, wifi, airplane mode, exiting (shutting off) all apps, restarting phone) never helps - my only option is to wait it out. sometimes 5 mins, sometimes more. Happens very randomly but i'd say once a week on average.

I can make calls and send texts (but not imessages)

Hi Katie, 

Yes, as mentioned above, its in areas that i usually get great service in. and on using that coverage checker it is the top (yellow) coverage for 5g. 

James_B

Hi @ajallright,

I'd recommend reporting a problem via the Network Status Checker, just select the 'check status' option.

This will raise a ticket with our network team for investigation and you should receive an update within a day or two.

James

Hi James, the issue is that it is in different locations at different times, it is clearly an issue my end. Reporting a network problem wouldnt portray it accurately. I have had situations where everyone else in the vicinity has the same signal appearance as me but can connect fine to any app that uses internet

James_B

Hi @ajallright,

If other EE users aren't experiencing the same symptoms at the same time, I'd recommend contacting Technical Support so a member of the team can run through some diagnostics with you.

James

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @ajallright 

You'll have issues in central London becase of the buildings. 5G travels over a shorter distance but the glass buildings block/weaken the signal. Higher up is better but still not great. Until carriers install low level antennas (in lamp posts) then this will always be problematic. FYI I work next to Willis Tower. 

4G is much better. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The RAT (access technology - referred to as the "G") dictates how the data is encoded OTA, the RF propagation is a result of the frequencies in use, along with other factors.

5G on N78 3500Mhz has very different coverage patterns to 5G-N28 on 700Mhz. The latter is similar to 4G-B20 on 800Mhz. Site density is also a major factor.

Radio frequency planning is complex, but it's not as simple as saying one RAT (or "G") is better than another.