cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Incoming calls go straight to voicemail.

PJT53
Investigator
Investigator

This is happening to me too. It started a few days ago, and I have checked everything on my iPhone. Tried to call EE, but after waiting nearly half an hour in a queue with appalling “ music” I gave up. Then wasted another half hour trying to find a way to email them. And the chatbot couldn’t understand the problem.

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PJT53 

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried restarting your phone? Are you able to make calls OK? Does your phone show a good signal?

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. The answers are yes, yes and yes. Also, I’ve tried both 4G and Wi-Fi calling, testing by using my home phone and a friend calling me back. 
Could it be the SIM card?

Pat

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @PJT53 

It sounds like you may need to speak to our Technical Support team so they can check your account from our side for you. Could you try again calling 150 please? Hopefully they can help fix this for you.

Alternatively, if you pop into your nearest EE store, they'll be able to try and help too.

Chris

OK, thanks. 
I’ll try those options.

cheers

Pat

Hi again Chris,

I finally managed to get through to EE technical help. The first person asked me to check if I could see Voicemail, doing that cut off the call. Called again and a new person told me to reset my network settings…which of course cut off the call. That person has messaged me ( no alert, I just looked at my messages) saying he can’t get through to me to call me back…please to call him back on 150…and that just gets me back into the long hold “we’re busy” loop even though I pressed 1 as requested to reconnect to the technical help ongoing call. 

And now I only have 4G, my Wi-Fi calling has gone and I can’t get it back. 
Looks like a trip to the EE shop, they can have the fun of chatting to EE!

Anyone else, I suggest using a different phone to discuss problems if you can.

Thanks anyway!

Christopher_G

I'm really sorry about that, @PJT53 

Yes, calling from another phone would be best for situations like this, so that we can run through some tests with you. Hopefully the store can help get you sorted. Let us know how you get on.
Chris

It turns out that the recommended network reset destroyed my Wi-Fi settings, reverting the phone to 4G only and because my iPad is linked to my phone it removed my Wi-Fi from that too! I had to call Sky, my broadband supplier, from my landline phone to get my Wi-Fi connections back; fortunately the Sky customer service was actually available, with a real human who knew what they were doing and was able to talk me through fixing it. Apparently not an uncommon problem.

And of course we don’t know what caused the problem in the first place.

So, for anyone else, before doing a network reset, make sure you don’t have other devices linked to the phone, and that you know how to reconnect WiFi before you start! Especially if you don’t have a landline.

Thanks anyway Chris for trying to help.