cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor call quality and internet tethering capped to 5mbps in NN8 4RT area

things4u2get
Contributor
Contributor

I’m a long standing payg customer with over 40gb data allowance in my account. However, over the last few weeks  I’ve notice poor call quality and more recently data speeds have dropped considerably.  I sometimes use a TP link 4G router to use up my allowance which now doesn’t seem to go faster than 5mbps with just basic PC browser or tablet.

Speed tests on a couple of handsets without tethering in the same location as router will reach 20mps fine. All APN settings are correct. Yet using router or tethering on any handset (either USB or Wifi) speed will not test above 5mpbs on any device.

Calls are also hard to make / receive on any handset without moving closer to a window or even outside!

My neighbour has also complained of similar call issues, embarrassingly I recommended EE to them some time back… oops! Nothing has changed my end. Is there a mast issue or some  PAYG capping that has come in place recently? New EE service status page is pretty useless at reporting faults.

Any help much appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @things4u2get,

Are you still seeing this issue?

If you are, please clear your cookies and cache before trying again.

Thanks

James

things4u2get
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, no clearing cookies makes no difference or visiting this page "incognito" in Chrome also does the same thing. 

However back the the data speed issue, this weekend things seemed to have improved:

speed.jpg

Nothing has changed my end so hopefully what ever it was its now sorted and hopefully stays that way. Thank you who ever you may be!

Also thank you to bristolian for mentioning VoLTE feature. I plan to get a later handset that supports this feature and give it a go. Hopefully that will sort the voice call quality issue.