Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone shows strong 4G connection but doesn't have internet connection

Sarahandjamie
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I have an iPhone 13 pro, am with EE and have 100GB of data which I am nowhere near running out of.

I seem to have an issue in certain locations, unfortunately one of which is my desk whereby it shows a good 4G connection along the top of my screen however nothing seems to load.

Typically if I try to do something it times out or tells me that I do not have an internet connection. 

If I run an ookla speed test it just says 'Connecting...' until it give the error 'ERROR Can't reach Speedtest. Check your internet connection and try again'

I have tried altering a multitude of settings, in the iPhone settings and also resetting the network settings but no joy. 

Could anyone help with this?

16 REPLIES 16
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Sarahandjamie 

Have you checked your local network for issues? 

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

Try restarting your device.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks @Northerner I have tried the old turn it off and on again a few times. This has been an ongoing issue for months in all honesty so had plenty of reboots, software updates, etc.

I am at my desk right now, have four bars 4G, no internet connection and the EE coverage & network map is showing no issues for this postcode.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sarahandjamie

Thanks for posting 🙂

Do you know if any other EE users have the same problem? 

Speak soon.

Leanne.

None of my colleagues are with EE but they don't have issues which leads me to believe it isn't the building/wall thickness or anything like that.

Leanne_T

Thanks @Sarahandjamie

In this case, I would suggest reporting this on our network status checker, if you select 'Check Status' you can report this to our network team.

They will get this looked into and keep you updated. 

Thanks.

Leanne.

Hello, Leanne.

Our IT guy in work actually had the same issue when he was with yourselves. In the end he switched to a different provider.

James_B

Hi @Sarahandjamie,

Did you report the problem via the Network Status Checker?

James

@Sarahandjamie wrote:

I am at my desk right now, have four bars 4G, no internet connection and the EE coverage & network map is showing no issues for this postcode.

Does your phone show a VoLTE/4G-calling symbol when this is happening?

Hi James, yes I have and I have had a text from EE stating that there is no issue with this network.

It would be good if someone was actually sent out to see if they have signal here though.

I have since spoken with other colleagues, many of whom had EE and have now moved to other providers due to their 4G never working in work.