cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal for my 75 year old dad.

Alan2782
Visitor

So, today my dad had to send me a message on facebook messenger.

He used to be on BT then O2 and now forced to go onto EE.

Today his phone would not let him make or receive calls - i ended up going round and managed to get a  signal after going outside.  then a few hours later the same issue.  he cant call customer services as he has no signal.  there is no live chat. etc etc... how is my elderley father meant to get help from EE? 

I have told him to bin them and go to 3 like myself. But, he cannot get in touch to even do that.

Useless company. I feel they make it hard for customer to get hold of them so they cannot leave or complain.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Alan2782 

Welcome to the community.

We try to make is as easy as possible to contact us, there are a few different methods on our get in touch help page, including a live chat service. I think your dad is having problems because of this problem with the service.

Have you checked our network status checker to see if we're aware of any maintenance works in the area?

Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Alan2782 

Welcome to the community.

We try to make is as easy as possible to contact us, there are a few different methods on our get in touch help page, including a live chat service. I think your dad is having problems because of this problem with the service.

Have you checked our network status checker to see if we're aware of any maintenance works in the area?

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Alan2782 wrote:

He used to be on BT then O2 and now forced to go onto EE.

How so? In what way was your father forced to change networks?

@Alan2782 wrote:

Today his phone would not let him make or receive calls - i ended up going round and managed to get a  signal after going outside.

Did your father's phone show coverage indicators?

What phone does your father have? Most modern phones support WiFi-calling, which enables users to continue making & receiving calls & texts without any need for mobile coverage.