cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service since Friday and EE don't care?

david4444244
Investigator
Investigator

I have lived at my address for 2.5 years. In that time I've had excellent 5g service indoors on both my lines - a phone and a 5g router (which is how I get my internet). On Friday morning (11th April) 3g 4g, and 5g service completely disappeared in my house. This means I have no data service, calls only. I am not receiving whatsapps as they rely on data, I cannot use the internet, and I cannot watch TV (my TV service comes through the internet). A friend came round and his EE phone is the same. So that's three devices on two accounts with the same issue. I have logged faults online (report ID 5048430 and 5050256) but the online problem checker says "we could not find a problem in your area".

I called technical support on Friday who said "we are aware of a problem with the transmitter since 1230 Friday but are not actively doing anything to fix it". Since then the online coverage checker has continued to insist that there is no issue in my area. I honestly think if the earth itself had been destroyed by a supernova, the online coverage checker would still say "there are no problems with the network". It has to be the most useless site on the internet.

I tried to speak to technical support again and the maddening call tree / text system says "we are unable to schedule a call back". How do I get EE to take this seriously? Given that my data service disappeared completely three days ago and EE don't seem to care, maybe I should just take both my out-of-contract lines to another network?

Please DO NOT tell me to restart my device or "just use wifi calling"!

3 REPLIES 3
david4444244
Investigator
Investigator

By the way I am accessing the internet using a temporary sim I purchased for another network!

aaronsiggs
Visitor

having the same problems as you. Fault code VOL055-2864263635233.

Can’t do anything. no tv, no gaming, no work, no phone.

All weekend. been out with kids all day now want to chill and watch a film or game, Can’t do anything as sky stream tv

engineer coming out Wednesday?

bristolian
Legend
Legend

EE's 3G network has been switched off nationally since end-January, the 2G network carries calls & texts while 4G carries both calls & data over the exact same radio layer.

Unplanned faults happen with all operators, and if an outage is recognised it will be resolved as soon as possible.

WiFi-calling is an excellent mitigation for indoor coverage issues whenever they occur. If you have all your services running from a single tech, then unfortunately you are liable to any issues with that tech - unless you have a fallback option.