cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service - No WiFi to connect to

katy-lea
Explorer

I really need my phone for work and cannot connect to work WiFi due to safety. I am not receiving information in advance about drops in service and this makes me look very unprofessional when missing important calls for my job! Try and get in touch with someone to be told online to call 150 WITH NO SERVICE!!! So irritating, I am paying for something I can't use, as you need to keep removing my service, without giving me any knowledge or options and I have to pay a full bill even though I am not receiving the service that I am paying for, for the the full duration of the month!!!

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You can register upto 5 UK postcodes on the status tool website, and get proactive updates on any planned or unplanned outages in that area - use "managed your saved locations" on https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee 

Out of interest, what is the safety concern that prevents use of your wireless network?

Data has been breached through the network by the use of WiFi in the past so no staff members can connect 'non work' devices to the network. However I have to authenticate my mobile number to log on to multiple systems that I work with and if I cannot receive the text messages for this, it causes a lot of delays and issues on top of not being able to answer calls. If I am paying for a service, whether I need it or not, I should not be without it for hours/days at a time. Still have not had any reply from EE, which is very irritating also!

bristolian
Legend
Legend

WiFi is just a means for a mobile device and broadband router to connect wirelessly, it doesn't provide the means for data to be transferred without other security means either not being present or failing - but that's for your employer's IT support.

If your employer insists on mobile-based authentication, then allowing for mobile network outages it would make sense to have a basic guest wireless network for scenarios such as this. Local service outages happen in all networks from time-to-time, the webtool checker previously linked to, allows you to monitor those.