cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not receiving calls from EE network.

Colibryn
Investigator
Investigator

Up until December we were with BT for Mobile, broadband and landline. We have changed to EE for mobile and another company for broadband and landline, keeping our existing numbers. 
Since the change over we can no longer ring our landline from our mobiles, in fact no-one on a EE mobile or landline can call us, it automatically goes to an unknown voicemail service. Other networks can call us and our landline rings out fine.
I have spoken to our landline company, we do not have any diversions or voicemail with them, they have looked into the incoming calls data and any EE calls just do not show. We have spoken to BT and they confirmed everything has transferred and there are no diversions or voicemail left on. I can only assume this is an EE issue but before I call them, does this seem plausible? Thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Colibryn
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I wanted to let everyone know that this has finally been resolved. Despite cancelling our services with BT and receiving all the confirmation that we had cancelled they didn’t cancel our services at all. This ultimately caused some type of conflict on our landline which meant Bt/EE calls couldn’t come through. The final cancellation happened today and everything works fine now. 

Thank you for your help. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Colibryn    you say you have spoken to your landline company - is it not EE?

It sounds like there has been an issue porting the number, but not sure what you mean if you were on BT then moved to EE.

I have spoken to my landline company, they are not EE, they are called Ogi. 

Only the mobiles changed from BT to EE.  

BT say that the porting of the landline number went fine and no issues on their end and the same with my landline company. 

@Colibryn  OK understood now.

It may take a little work to narrow things down, but I would be going back to your landline provider in the first case, and provide them a number of examples where callers are unable to call you. They should be verify and sort out the porting problem.

But it wi do no harm reporting to EE that you are unable to call your landline number from your new EE numbers. But as BT mobile use the EE network I am not sure that is where the issue is.

Thank you. I will ring EE as I am already in discussion with my landline provider and they have confirmed everything at their end. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

This one's potentially tricky, and may need a two-pronged approach. The current operator is responsible for any mismatched porting data, but identifying the source of the incorrect routing may need call tracing to be done - this needs to be done from the calling party.

Your best bet may be to report "unable to call individual number, fine from other networks" to EE - but be prepared to be persistent if/when TS try to shift the blame elsewhere.

Thank you. I will be speaking to my current provider on Monday and will also discuss with EE. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Does the landline phone announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It is just an engaged tone when I ring that number. 

@Colibryn   given you landline is no longer supplied by BT Group, that is not surprising.

Your supplier may well have its own codes.

How are your fault enquiries coming on?