cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone stopped working yesterday. Can’t take or receive calls. But apps work?

Ruthine
Explorer

I’m new to EE. Only started this account maybe 6 weeks ago… What can I do? I can’t call EE as my phone doesn’t work. My account id direct debit so should be up to date. Can anyone advise?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ruthine
Explorer

Hi Bristolian,

Thanks for getting back. I used my partners phone in the end (when he got home) to ring them. There was no other way as text messaging them using 150 only results in bot type mass links to various departments inc TECH which when I did so, resulted in a repeat of the bot type set of mass links, there is no email contact and I downloaded the EE app just to use the live chat only to discover that their ‘live chat’ is a very very bad bot. Not an intelligent one either…

Once I got through the actual tech support person was brilliant but I give EE: ZERO points for customer support access to be honest. This is because there really is no way to contact them other than by phoning and what do you do when your phone won’t make or receive calls???

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does your phone show coverage indicators? By extension, are you using mobile data or WiFi to access internet-based functions?

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Ruthine , you can call customer service for free, by either using something like Skype or any other phone:

0080007988586 or 0800956600

Is the problem just in one area or everywhere?

You can also check here to see if there is a problem if in one area and register, report and receive update

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-coverage-checker?mboxSession=0685742c58324de8b095c5a79f97bde6&adobe_mc_...

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Ruthine
Explorer

Hi Bristolian,

Thanks for getting back. I used my partners phone in the end (when he got home) to ring them. There was no other way as text messaging them using 150 only results in bot type mass links to various departments inc TECH which when I did so, resulted in a repeat of the bot type set of mass links, there is no email contact and I downloaded the EE app just to use the live chat only to discover that their ‘live chat’ is a very very bad bot. Not an intelligent one either…

Once I got through the actual tech support person was brilliant but I give EE: ZERO points for customer support access to be honest. This is because there really is no way to contact them other than by phoning and what do you do when your phone won’t make or receive calls???

Thank you Schockwave, but my phone won’t make calls. Although to be fair, I didn’t try Skype calls but it won’t make WhatsApp calls so likely Skype wouldn’t work either? Now resolved - as rang tech support on my partners phone. 

@Ruthine , Skype does work, many, including myself, have called customer service using one of those numbers, we always recommend either using. Skype or another phone to ring them, if someone cannot contact them with their own phones.

Glad you got it sorted, but you can always use Skype if stuck, and it is free.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Ruthine wrote:

what do you do when your phone won’t make or receive calls???

You call from another phone, or web-calling app.