cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile internet a shambles today

finnleeey
Investigator
Investigator

Mobile internet speed sitting below 1MBPS sometimes spiking up to 10MBPS and disconnecting completely every 5 minutes or so, has been the case for the past 3 hours. Done the usual restart nonsense, definitely a network problem, might not be noticeable with general usage but when USB tethering it's an absolute nightmare.

10 REPLIES 10
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @finnleeey,

Have you used the Network Coverage Checker to check for any coverage issues or problems in your area?

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM

Says no issues, but the fact that the page timed out then took 2 minutes to load would point to that not being the case.

Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

What device are you using?

To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM

Oneplus 7

Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

So a pretty modern device.

If you have already tried resetting network settings, ensure that the APN settings are correct.

If it still is unstable, then give 150 a call as there may be an issue that has not been identified yet.

Thanks,
Alex

APN settings were correct. I'm not wasting an hour on the phone, especially when a bunch of people are in the EE twitter replies saying they can't get through.

Screenshot_2023-06-22-10-32-00-72_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg

Screenshot_2023-06-22-10-29-30-05_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg

Screenshot_2023-06-22-10-28-31-62_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @finnleeey,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your mobile data speeds.

Please use the 'report a problem' button on the Network Status Checker and the team will be happy to take a look at it for you.

James

finnleeey
Investigator
Investigator

@James_B Same problem all day today, is this going to become a regular occurrence?