cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local mobile Network down + my phone not on list + no way to complain

pinkpebs
Explorer

Our network around where we live has been down for a few weeks (apparently the tower has been removed ?? ) .

I use the home WiFi, OK, no problems for most things. But I NEED MY MOBILE SIGNAL especially for :

1. calling people / places with no internet call option

2. receiving text messages to complete 2-factor security!! This is a major problem when attempted hacks seems to be on the increase. Mobile data is essential for completing this task.

I need to know when this problem will be resolved - the network cover checker doesn't work, as it doesn't admit there's an issue when all my neighbours even several streets away (I have asked friends) confirm that it's not just me.

The mobile signal checker will not 1. accept my phone as it's not on the list (Poco X5, a decent phone, thank you)  and no place to raise complaints or issues to escalate.

I have always been faithful to EE since the Orange days (!) but it feels like customer service is just as bad as any other faceless company. Prove me wrong ??

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @pinkpebs

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear this.

If there is no reported problem on the Network Status Checker I would recommend giving us a call so our technical care team can look further into this for you and provide you with a full update. 

The technical care team may also be able to provide you with a timescale. 

Please be sure to let us know the outcome here on the community. 

Katie

Kaite

I'm sorry, did you just suggest that I CALL ? that's why I'm looking to do it online. Because I have no mobile signal at home. It should be available to flag via email or even, I suppose, by BOT.

I can't check the status tracker as it doesn't list my phone, which is required for it to work. Bad design. How do you suggest I proceed? IS there an email I can address?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pinkpebs

Are you able to connect to WiFi Calling?

This should help when calling 150. 

We have no access to certain systems here on the community so unable to provide you with a full update. 

You can also report a problem within your area using the Network Status Checker. I am aware your phone is not listed please try selecting a phone that someone else is using.

Katie