cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indoor mobile coverage in GU23 area

JonJ63
Explorer

Hi, I used to get good network coverage but nowadays I can barely get any signal at home, sometimes no bars, mostly 1 bar, why has the EE network degraded in our area, is there a good reason? I think I will need to switch provider if this isn’t resolved, any suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The best check for short-term network outages is the "check status" option on https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-coverage-checker although this sounds more like a long-term issue?

There may have been some changes to the setup on your serving site, which are always intended for the greater good but can sometimes cause individual issues.

WiFi-calling is an excellent mitigation for indoor coverage issues whenever they occur, and works seamlessly alongside the 4G mobile network. Are you able to use this?

Thanks for your reply. Yes I can use Wi-Fi calling and I do this, however I have had workmen in the house this last few weeks and I have had to also give them Wi-Fi access which is what prompted me to understand the network coverage situation. My wife decided to switch to Tesco mobile last night from EE just to see if that works any better, I think they use the O2 network.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Tesco Mobile are a O2-MVNO. For every location where O2 has better coverage than EE, there will be multiple areas where the opposite is true. But all networks have good & bad coverage areas, as well as performing differently within serviced locations.

Many third party wireless routers allow the option of a guest network specifically for scenarios such as this.