Coverage in Stanley

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 19 January 2024

Over the past month, our engineers have accessed the area and completed designs and surveys of the area and submitted these to the site provider for approval. Pending a positive outcome from the surveys and designs, we will begin steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider. Once all legal steps have been completed, we can start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date for the new mast.

We will keep you updated on this post.

We are aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in the Stanley area. Our mast in the area had to be removed from the existing site in December 2023, as this was requested by the landowner.

Our engineers have located a new area for the mast to be installed, and we are currently carrying out surveys at the site to make sure the area will be suitable for the equipment. Once all surveys are complete, we will begin steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider. Once all legal steps have been completed, we can start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date for the new mast.

We will keep you updated on this post.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may be able to use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For information on who can use WiFi Calling and how to set up this service, please see our EE WiFi Calling: All you need to know, article. 

20 REPLIES 20
Troy666
Explorer

Leann_t

This is most disappointing. I have been complaining about the lack of signal in the dh90ps area ever since I ordered some SIM cards from EE. At no point during the order process (early Dec 2023) or subsequent conversations did anyone mention the fact that EE didn't have a working mast in the area to support phone calls. EE were however, quick to take the money out of my bank account even though it appears they couldn't  offer the service to an acceptable level of provision.. I do not have the option of Wifi calling and have been left with two SIMs that are struggling to make calls to each other.

If EE had been more honest and informed me about this issue I would have not purchased the SIMs .  Looks like I will have to go through the process of porting my number to another provider.

Lozza29
Visitor

What does this mean for our bills?

Lauren199507
Investigator
Investigator

Well I hope I won't be getting charged for any bills. This is effecting my greatly with my carers and district nurses calling etc. 

this has been on going for over 3 months I called a few weeks ago 

Trace1311
Explorer

Hi I just want to say how disappointed  I am with the service  my calls are constantly  dropping all the time. I feel I'm paying for a service and not getting the best. I had this problem with my previous  contract  with yourselves  I thought I would give my new contract ago and stay with ee    but I'm so much regretting it.     After this contract comes to an end next time   my contract   my sons  and mam and dad's will  not be renewed. I have had enough of the poor service and very poor signal       very dissatisfied     customer          tracy oldfield

Yes Tracy especially when working in care. I used to I actually think I worked with you.  I'm now in a wheelchair and have carers and they can't contact me and I can't contact them either. I don't think anyone who's got no signal should be paying there bills until everything is sorted 

RH273
Visitor

So what are you going to do to look after your customers? 
I cannot carry on only having signal when I’m in the house and connected to internet. Are you going to allow me to leave EE without any penalty? 

Lauren how are you it's ridiculous having to pay and not get service
Troy666
Explorer

All, I believe Ofcom says it expects providers to deal "fairly and sympathetically" with customers who have signal issues because of mobile problems - for example, if a provider switches off a mast or there are faults on the network. In these circumstances, the customer should be offered compensation or be allowed to the leave the contract early without penalty.

I have phoned EE customer service a number of times using the landline number number starting 0800... I couldn't use the 150 number on my phone due to no signal!

I have chosen to leave EE as soon as possible I cannot make calls to my elderly mother who relies on her phone to keep in touch with friends and family but is pretty much isolated at the moment, she is a resident at Stanley Court. Hopefully new SIM cards for a different network will arrive in the next day or so and I will be able to switch over.

Mobile service provision for EE has been extremely poor and I am very annoyed that EE sold me two SIMS without being able to provide a service.

Tim

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi everyone. 

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you are affected by the mast being offline, please get in touch with our mobile care team to discuss your options. 

Leanne.