cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Redbridge

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 20 July 2023

Over the past week, our engineers have completed installing the mast onto the network, and the mast is now on-air restoring coverage to Redbridge.

We will continue to monitor performance in the area.

Update: 11 July 2023

Our engineers are expected to complete building the equipment needed for the new mast by the beginning of this week. Once the build is completed, we can start integrating the mast onto the network. Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect the mast to be on-air by the end of July.  

We will keep you updated on this post.

Update: 08 June 2023

Over the past month, our engineers have started building the equipment needed for the new mast and expect the equipment to be built by the beginning of July. Once the build is completed, we can start integrating the mast onto the network. Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect the mast to be on-air by the end of July.  

Update: 11 May 2023

Over the past month, our engineers have been working with the landowner to access the area and start building the equipment needed for the new mast. Unfortunately due to logistical planning we have experienced a slight delay starting the build. We expect all planning to be completed by the end of next week and the build to start by the end of May. Barring any further unforeseen delays, we expect the mast to be on-air by early July. 

We are aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in the Redbridge area. Our mast in the area had to be removed from the existing site in March 2023, as this was requested by the landowner. Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed, and we have located a new area. We have completed the required designs and surveys to make sure the land will be suitable for the equipment. Our engineers are working with the landowner to arrange access to the area to start building the equipment needed. Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect the new mast to be on-air by the end of May, restoring full service to the area.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may be able to use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For information on who can use WiFi Calling and how to set up this service, please see our EE WiFi Calling: All you need to know, article.

36 REPLIES 36
H51NGH
Visitor

Thank you for sharing the information above. This issue issue has been occurring since 27th March and you are only informing your customers now? I've reported the issues 4 times and spoken to your team and I've always had the same response that the engineers are looking into it and then receive a text below

Network update: We could not find a problem in IGX XXX. This may have been a one off and we therefore recommend you restart your device.

So basically the text response received is rubbish because clearly you have mentioned above that there is an issue. Why are customers provided false information? And not shared? 

How are we going to be compensated? Half price for rest of the year? You can't guarantee the tower will be live by end of May.

Haf7sa
Visitor

I am getting very frustrated about this ongoing situation, as i am unable to check emails or do anything from my phone or even use my mobile for other apps. I called on 30th and March and was told there is a problem and engineers were working on it and would be sorted. I then got a text on the 31st March saying the problem was fixed when it wasn't. I called again on 1st April and was compensated for that months bill, but am now hearing this problem is going to continue until the end of May!

I don't understand why the communication at EE is so poor when I have one phone call telling me one thing and another saying it's an ongoing issue. 

You should compensate peoples bills until the issue is resolved and provide them with another service such as a pay as you go sim already prepaid from a network that isn't having problems until the issue is resolved. 

Mangs
Investigator
Investigator

End of May? That is 3 months without service! I struggle to work from home because I can't make the calls I need to and wifi calling keeps cutting in and out. My whole family are paying monthly bills to EE and have no use of the service.

bristolian
EE Community Star

WiFi-calling is quite capable of stable & reliable calls, but is only as good as the underlying broadband & wireless connection.

Reddevil786
Investigator
Investigator

This is grossly unfair in customers who are in effect left with paying in some cases over £100 a month for what? Service is non existent /absolutely unusable, I believe this is a breach of contract on EE’s part due to the 3 month delay to restoring any decent service. 

re compensation, I have been told I cannot back claim which is incorrect and need EE to know that their staff are so useless sometimes with the information they spout out. Logic tells you that if the issue happened from March until end of May, customers should be compensated accordingly but no, EE advisors seem to think they know better.

they keep closing my complaints automatically without any checking to see if the matter is actually resolved. They expect me to raise a new one every time, even though the issue is ongoing and has never been resolved as an actual mast has been taken down, it’s not a service glitch but an actual physical mast removed and no replaced. 

I will be taking this to the Ombudsman  

Sk748
Investigator
Investigator

Cant believe no network for estimating over 2 months! Wifi calling is still difficult to connect with. Cant to nothing when im home or local. And the fact that ee dragged to eventually tell us the truth of what is going on, as when i initially called about the problem, they were blaming it on my simcard being the issue. Really annoyed about this whole experience.

SM445
Visitor

Extremely disappointed on being led to believe this a minor problem when clearly it isn't - It's been months yet still not resolved.  Redbridge may be an affected area but I find it funny how I was told all the areas I visited in since this issue become apparent including out of London, apparently there's engineering problems in those areas as well??!  

Been with EE over a decade and never had 1 issue until now, really needs to be sorted guys 

Najeebster
Investigator
Investigator

10 days into May and no sign of signal improvement.

@Leanne_T  - any update on the deployment of the new mast?

Reddevil786
Investigator
Investigator

@Leanne_T we urgently require an update, we are suffering every minute of every day with this issue and to not have updates is absolutely unacceptable