cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls going directly to answer machine

SP4RTAN786
Visitor

Hi,

Incoming calls are going directly to the answering machine even though my phone is on and the signal is full.  I receive a text immediately after notifying me of the call. On occasions when I try to make a call the dial fails.   Any possible troubleshooting options?  I did try the diagnostic menu through 150, which mentioned tests would be carried out 2 days ago, but I yet to receive any feedback.   

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

As a first step, try toggling flight mode. Then restart your phone if that fails.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Try rebooting VM by texting VM ON to 150 followed by VM OFF. That usually does the trick.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Toggling the voicemail diverts won't have any impact on outgoing calls.

The impact on incoming calls wouldn't normally be an unconditional divert being set.