cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering connection to adult sites failure. EE only.

TonyS5
Investigator
Investigator

I make mods for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. I also write for an erotic fiction site. Both require me to use sites that contain Adult material.

Because of my location, a caravan in a field on a farm, I have to tether internet through my phone. EE has proved to be the superior network for this.

I am PAYG and can access the sites on my phone as I have confirmed my ID in store but I can not access the sites on the computer I am using via tethering.

I have removed safe search on my browsers and have questioned this on their community page to no avail. I find the sites in the search results. Clicking on the link sends me to a page stating;

This site can't provide a secure connection.

<link removed> uses an unsupported protocol
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

[Details]
Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher Suite.

This has only started since I switched to EE. I have a dual SIM phone and my other network can connect the same computer through the same browser etcetera. Unfortunately that network and others vary in speeds between ridiculously slow and no connection what-so-ever.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

A thorough testing process so far!

Which browsers have you replicated this on?

Hi thanks

My usuals Opera and Brave.

I did not realise the browser would make a difference. I shall try some others, thanks.

This issue is definitely an EE / BT thing. I've tried all the solutions suggested to no avail. What actually worked, the only thing, was to go back to Giff Gaff.