cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited has hit FUP over Christmas. Show usage please EE!

MmmToast
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Again, I have a FUP problem.   Or have I?  The most frustrating thing is I can't find out how much data I have used so far this month, because the unlimited line's page on my account always shows "you have used null of null" or some useless information.

The only way to find out is to hang on the myee app chat for at least 30 mins, to have the confirmation. Too late to do anything about it.

So now the family think I'm scrooge for allowing the internet to fail over Christmas.  Thanks EE. 

• Please EE, this has been an issue for years. Give me the ability to see how much fuel is left in the tank, "Null" is useless. 

There's no excuse, your systems can obviously provide this information because all my other SIMs on the account, which have a fixed amount of data, can show this.  

15 REPLIES 15
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MmmToast 

You can find full details in our Unlimited Plans, Help page. 

Leanne. 

@Leanne_T : That article is rather contradictory. In the main text it says it's uncapped, unlimited, unthrottled & non-FUP'ed for personal use but below in "The legal bit" it states:

We will consider usage above 600GB/month to be non-personal use and have the right to apply traffic management controls to deprioritise your mobile traffic during busy periods or to move you to a business plan.

So even if you are personal EE will assume you are non-personal when you exceed the previously non-existent FUP 😉 !

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
MmmToast
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you Leanne_T, I have read extensively and the conclusion is the same.  The terms are not compliant with ASA rules.

EE seem to have a standpoint that EE can deem any consumer to be a business user and this is being used as a loophole to avoid having to comply. 

Yet in UK law, notification of such a non-compliance with terms is mandatory for it to be lawful. I.e. EE must tell customers that they are in breach of terms in this manner. And that's what I want, to be told BEFORE it happens.

It's also worth re-noting that the ASA clarified in 2014 that ISPs are not to prejudice heavy users.

MmmToast
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am not a heavy user.  There are copious official usage reports which show that monthly average is very close to 600Gb for home broadband. 

EE support deflect any question about how much data have I actually used, only saying I have gone above the 600Gb FUP.  They will reset, but such reset only lasts 24hrs and then you have to waste another hour contacting support.

I live in a very rural location.  I do not have the benefit of consumer choice that most of the population enjoys, so I can't just leave in a huff if a provider is being untruthful. So, I take terms as a solid promise and I read all the T&C before committing.

--------

Another problem I have uncovered today  is that EE sales people are still selling standard mobile phone SIMs as suitable for use in a whole house router. These have a 600Gb FUP.

However, a SIM offered on https://ee.co.uk/broadband/mobile-broadband is possible with a 1000Gb/month FUP.  So I have signed up for one of those, and I will keep both.

However, I still need EE to tell me how much data I am consuming, so I know when to switch SIMs, without having to endure a monthly throttling.

Yes, it's within your terms (which do not conform to ASA, but what the hell), but when those questionnaire about "Would you recommend EE?" come out, it's an emphatic no from me.

Hi Leanne. 

I two have an unlimited data amount. I’m I to believe that over the poultry 100gb gift data I risk a fair usage policy cap? 

In todays world 100gb is not a lot I send 100mb plus images all the time so use 10gb on some days. Can you please say what the fair usage, policy actually is. Thanks you. 

@ALT2 : The 100GB pm gifting limit does not affect your own use. The 600GB pm FUP is considerably above that. Once you have surpassed the potential gifting limit you may carry on using your data for your own use. You just can't gift any further data to other users.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)