cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not really unlimited miss leading

Doubleagent2022
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So far this month I’ve used 5TB by downloading my whole Xbox digital library 123 games=5TB it’s all personal use . Sooner of com clamps down on this BS fair usage policy of 600GB a month then if you go over that EE will throttle your download speeds to dial up speeds totally misleading and miss selling customers the sooner EE will follow three Uk footsteps and removes there fair usage policy . Three only got rid there 1TB fup on there unlimited plans because ofcom got involved as of September 2021 three uk is truly unlimited but there 4G service across is rubbish compared to EE.

I took out the 2 lines last April and may  last year as my data only sim was in may and my normal phone sim both unlimited 

Yes Chris B before you say It’s in the contract BS I read them and signed the contract but still I “shrug” my shoulders I just say oh well carry on downloading my whole Xbox digital library on my Xbox series X I paid for unlimited data on the data only sim in my 5G router then I might as well get my moneys worth not this rubbish 600GB a month FUP go over that EE will throttle my downloads if I download and go over 600GB . 

Fair usage policy in 2023 especially on a unlimited plan is unnecessary not needed. As it’s not 2012 anymore technology has improved since then. And EE has got enough 4G bandwidth to give every single Customer a truly unlimited data plan without a 600GB Fup in place. 

I already complained to EE about this unfair fup in place 600GB then if I exceed that you will either move me on a business plan which is 1TB which is still to low for my usage a month and I complained and EE sent me a deadlock letter and now the case is gone to Ombudsman communications department now  by EE misleading and mis selling customers like myself unlimited data when it’s not really if you got a Measly 600GB Fup in place a month once you go over that EE will either move you on to a business plan or throttle your download speed what a load of bS.

blah blah blah EE says we have to put prices up due to rise of inflation Bs ect excuses. like I said I Ofcom bans This greed mid term price hikes the better.

I bought the SIM as if they were selling a "600GB plan", not an "unlimited plan". Someone should go after EE yes ofcom for selling "unlimited" with low limits...

it’s not really unlimited if you throttle everyone’s download speed if you go over 600GB . I hope ofcom bans all mid term price hikes as well just greed as well I'm paying for 2 sims 1 normal phone sim and 1 data only sim which I put that in my Huawei 5G Cpe pro 2 I brought out from Amazon and put my data only sim unlimited and total cost of 2sims £59.20 now it’s £67.77 

what a rip off sooner ofcom bans this unnecessary greed the better.

18 REPLIES 18
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that this is how you feel about our fair usage policies, @Doubleagent2022 .

I understand from your post that you have raised a complaint. Keep us posted on what happens please.

Chris

I will do but ombudsman are biased to big companies like EE and EDF not siding with customers.

HarleyBlue
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah unfortunately they do lie to customers a lot about unlimited, even today I was almost sold a new plan with "no throttled speeds past any limit" but the systems were down so they arranged a callback. Seeing they didn't call me back I called them and again I was told on the phone that the plan doesn't exist so they are false adverting plans and getting away with it. I use my data limit every month as I stream, install new games from steam and upload-download content. Honestly for a provider in a civilized country they sure do have some below par plans/policies. I've seen better data in the desert. 

Doubleagent2022
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Agreed to all what you said about EE . 

I hope more EE customers like ourselves abuse the 600GB BS and EE higher ups do a 180 and give EE customers a truly unlimited plans like three uk .

Craig188
Investigator
Investigator

Every ISP have a pool of data that needs to be shared with everyone on the network.

Taking 5TB from that I personally see as selfish and irresponsible. Just think how much you slowed other users trying to use their internet while you did that. Unlimited doesnt really mean open to abuse and 5TB of data should really be done over a broadband connection.

Doubleagent2022
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

That’s your opinion of  me being selfish. 

but I signed up for a 2 year sim only contract with EE unlimited data no max MBPS 

I paid for this every month without fail so why not download 5TB of Data in my 5G router 

go back to virgin media/open leech no thanks 

both rip off merchants isps 

I am A Gamer Xbox series X and PlayStation 5 digital downloads will exceed the Fup In less than couple of weeks a month especially the masssive game update patches like call of duty games ect.

EE has got enough bandwidth to give everyone unlimited without slow down speeds in the local mast area. 

if your talking Three 4G I agree with you as they are just as slow in my Postcode as 02.

And 4G and 5G home broadband is just the same as fixed line home broadband except for the less consistency with download speeds compared to fixed line and high latency with fixed wireless broadband plug and play broadband .

Doubleagent2022
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Three uk doesn't do this on there plans. They don't care how usage you have used in a month. But there 4g speeds are slow compared to EE. That's what stopping going to three uk because of there 4G speeds are slower than EE aswell.

On a seperate note. How did you get around the strict NAT settings?

Im having a lot of trouble playing multiplayer games on Xbox apparently because of strict NAT settings.

Doubleagent2022
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I wouldn't know as i only offline single player xbox games like fallout3,fallout new vegas, ect.